Saturday, November 7, 2009

Windows Live Writer rocks! Windows Live Spaces cool also

I am using IT right now to post this blog. It has everything in it, any formatting you need, easy insert of tables, smart offline editing of your blog and then saving it as draft or directly posting it to the blog and the coolest of them all is that it allows copy paste of pictures from different web sites or your hard drive or easy insert of any picture from your disk. The next one is a simple drag and drop from my stored pictures.

overview

Really cool. I would have used the Blog on Windows Live Spaces if it wasn’t so limited (they oriented these spaces towards social networking and I only wanted to use the blog and the blog is really really simple – no special templates or nice  URL. I didn’t want to expose my spaces profile and friends to the world – just an anonymous blog and thoughts to the world).

Anyway, back to Windows Live Writer – really cool product, it’s also FREE and it is so easy to setup any blog account – it was just as easy with Blogger as with Windows Spaces.

Another cool thing is that when you paste an image from a website it is smart enough to just embed the link and it applies storage only when you drag a picture from your computer.

Another cool thing is that on Windows Spaces you have 25GB of free storage of pictures whereas with Blogger you only have the crappy 1GB that crappy G$$gle picassa gives you. Another crappy thing about G$$gle picassa is that it will charge you a lot for an increase to 10GB or 25GB and they don’t offer the possibility to store unlimited GBs for any amount of money. To this, Flickr rules but I didn’t really want to pay for a blog. Journals should be free. So I think the best option would have really been Windows Spaces. Can’t wait to improve the blogs and will migrate this one to them.

Oh, and another good point – in Windows Live Writer you have all the basic Word editing options, integrated spell checks and so on. As soon as I discover them time by time I will add some more to this. Now I’ve just started.

Nice products from Microsoft. Too bad they choose these lousy names (couldn’t they have found one catchy word for these products instead of 3 whole words for each of them of which none is catchy). I guess only lame nerds (G$$gle, Linux) can find catchy names.

That’s it for now.It’s 3am.

Glam glam