Monday, November 23, 2009

Save the Date cards

Today I made another batch of Save the Date cards. All DIY.

They are modern with a bit of twist to the old as well. I like them very much. Probably I will just choose one of them, multiply and give it to my friends. Still don’t know which. This batch was much better than the first one where I didn’t use a computer at all. For this one I mostly used the MS Office Publisher.

I am yet not decided about my wedding theme or colors so I’ve created the cards in as multiple colors as possible.

Here they are. The pictures and cards are under my copyright.

 

This first one is a simple one with just a flower embellishment on the side. I kept the text simple as well. Actually the text is simple and not very formal on all cards as they are meant mostly for young friends of ours.IMG_2303

This one has dark blue flower embellishments on both sides and most of the writing is also same color. For the date I used a coral color (Thanks to Pantone and MS Office Publisher) and glued a small paper flower of the same color. The print is glued to a coral base as well.

IMG_2314

The next one is glued to an ivory carton base. The flowery embellishments and main writing are dark blue. The date is written in red. 

IMG_2305

This one is all purple and yellow on a nice bubbly yellow base carton.

IMG_2309

The next one is similar to the previous one just that the main writing and flowers are black, the date is written in red and the carton base is black.

IMG_2313

The next one is one of my favorites. It reminds me of rococo and a modern story line. The colors are black and reddish-pink.

IMG_2307

This one is very fairy-tale like. The colors are again dark blue, coral and white. IMG_2298

This one is using the same nice yellow carton as base as above. I used a black velvet lace ribbon here on the upper left corner which I removed in the next shot.

IMG_2310

This is the same as above just with the black velvet ribbon removed. I think it looks better actually.

IMG_2311

 

This is it.

Glam glam