Friday, November 6, 2009

Who am I

My name is Doina (this is pronounced like Donna with an 'e' in the middle: Do -e- nna)
I'm from Romania, thus the weird name. I actually love my weird name. It represents a national song in Romanian - it is the genre with very sad and moving music.
There is an interesting story around my last name as well … later

I am a programmer with a glamorous side. You would think just about now that I am a gay programmer. Which is not true. I am a girl programmer. And I guess the percentage of women programmers is about the same as for gay men programmers… :)


Why the glamorous programmer blog? Because every time I spell glamorous, I always make a mistake (I spell it 'glamourous') :) and I have to correct myself. And I have decided to call myself a glamorous programmer so that I can exercise spelling the word. Not.
Another reason would be that I was almost sure that glamorousprogrammer user id wouldn't be taken. You would probably find madprogrammer, lonelyprogrammer, stressedprogrammer etc. But not glamorousprogrammer.

And the third reason is that although I am a programmer and well into the technical stuff of computer science, I have also a girlish side, I wear make up, I design clothes, I dye my hair and experiment different styles, I change my clothes every day and I don't wear only black – well almost…

I have a boyfriend, I am actually getting married, I have a lot of girl friends, I read fashion magazines, read chick flick books among others, watch romantic comedies (most of them involving some wedding stories lately) among others, read fashion and bridal forums, I am taking fashion design classes in the evening, I am going to the gym and training to become a Les Mills trainer. I have a life outside computer programming. Which I am going to blog about here.

Glam glam!