Monday, September 13, 2010

Cafe Coyote y Cantina

This was the best place we ate at so far while in the US. Check out their site.
It's not a fancy restaurant, just a local San Diego restaurant (cantina) in the Old Town. We were there during an American football night, the place was packed with supporters (latinos and not only) who were drinking and eating nachos. It was noisy and cozy at the same time and finally one place where the AC was not on max power on.
I think all the waiters are Mexicans but they speak a perfect English.
The best thing about the place was the food and the tequila. A lot of tequila choices from $5 to around $100 a shot (it was more like a double shot actually).
They make the best and probably spiciest salsa sauce I have ever tasted and the tortilla soup was awesome. I never had tortilla soup before but with my upcoming cold and all (all this AC mania finally got to me) decided to try it. It’s a very interesting combination I wouldn’t thought it would work so good ever before. It’s a chicken broth with chicken pieces, lots of chili, tortilla noodles and … wait for it.. avocado and cheese. Pretty tasty and as everything spicy I’ve already put it on my fav’s list. Will try to make it at home.