Sunday, September 12, 2010

About Americans

 

We are spending our honeymoon in US – East and West coast. It is my fourth visit to US but the first one with my husband. We landed in New York and spent a couple of days there and then flew to Las Vegas and West coast. We’ve been in the US for about 10 days now and I think we’ve seen quite a sample of people while visiting the main cities on the east and west coast.

For me, 80% of the Americans look about the same, no matter if they’re woman or man. There is a certain limit of weight you can put on after which you just cannot look too much like your old self. You start to resemble another kind of people and lose most of your distinct face characteristics. That’s like 80% of the Americans no matter the skin color or gender. And then there is the other 20% of people who are probably expats, New York or LA people.

Every time I see one of the “weight challenged” Americans I cannot stop making the association in my head with all those fat people from Wall-E. Here’s what I am talking about…

200806_obese-captain-from-wall-e-3-views

wall-e-captain-fat

And here’s an image of an American.

images

Can you spot the difference?

The California highways are full of commercials with numbers you can call for a lose weight program and the irony is that the people they use as models in those ads aren’t very lean either. The weight problem it’s so out of control that now an overweight person becomes a model. Most of the Americans are probably morbidly obese already. And that’s in California where I thought people should eat healthier (with all the sea food options and all…)

I think that’s one of the reasons I like Europe (Denmark especially) more. I love my organic low fat milk and cereals in the morning (I think I never ate so many eggs per day in my whole life –a normal omelet is made of 3 eggs here!), no junk sauce salads and organic fresh veggies and meat. US has a LOT of good points about it but food seems to not be one of them…

Continuing my research on that…